Joint Health and Safety Committee Refresher
JHSC Refresher training is required within three years of becoming a certified member, and every three years thereafter. HSPI offers an interactive one-day training course.
If you were JHSC Certified under the 1996 Standard, prior to March 2016, you do not need JHSC Refresher training every three years. However, we encourage you and all our customers to take the JHSC Refresher every three years, to stay updated with changes in legislation, standards, and codes of practice.
Workplace health and safety legislation changes a lot in three years. Your JHSC functions best with the latest information. This is an important step towards a safe workplace environment.
Who should take JHSC Part Two Training?
- Within three years of completing JHSC Part Two training, and every three years after that, you are required to complete a one-day Refresher course.
- We welcome participants who were certified with another CPO-approved provider. To register you into our Refresher course, you will need to provide us with proof of your certification.
What topics will be covered?
- Changes or updates to legislation, standards and codes of practice in the last three years.
- New advances in occupational health and safety best practices in the last three years.
- You will discuss how these changes affect your workplace.
You will receive the following material when taking JHSC Refresher training
- JHSC Refresher participant workbook.
- OH&S Act and Regulations pocketbook (Green book).
Note: Our instructors will be referring to the OHSA Reference Guide for Joint Health and Safety Committees throughout the training. If you are joining us from another provider and would like to purchase HPSI’s exclusive OHSA Reference Guide, click the button below.
- Our Training coordinator and IT team will be available during the training for support throughout the course.
- You will need a computer with a camera and microphone, and internet connection to attend the training. We recommend the use of a computer or laptop for a better experience.
- The course will be delivered using Zoom. Use the test link to make sure you can access Zoom on your device.
- To access digital training material and the final evaluation, you must login into BIS Trainer during the course.