Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor Training
Health & Safety Professionals Inc. offers a two-day course that assists supervisors and employers in meeting their legal obligation of appointing “competent” supervisors in Ontario. Supervisors will discuss legal requirements imposed on them by legislators and will learn how to incorporate their knowledge into their actions and workplace performance.
Who is considered a supervisor?
Supervisors are critical to your organization. They make decisions daily, and direct workers. Your supervisors are responsible for quality, worker safety, customer satisfaction, and the day-to-day operation of your business.
Some supervisors are in their positions because they were great at their jobs, but they may not be ready for the health and safety aspects of their new endeavor. Now they must enforce your safety rules, make sure workers are working safely, and mentor workers. They must manage the workers they see regularly and those who work offsite.
As the owner or manager of the business or organization, you have a responsibility to train your supervisors. It’s not only the law, it’s the right thing to do. Supervisors, you want to know your legal occupational health and safety responsibilities so that you can keep your workers safe.
Who should take this training?
- This course is appropriate for all sectors in Ontario and covers material from the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development’s “Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps.”
- Are you a federal workplace? That’s not a problem; we have several federal workplaces as clients and have delivered Federal Supervisor training. If you’d like a reference, we can provide that for you.
What topics will be covered?
The following topics will be covered over two days.
- Supervisors/Managers as Leaders
- Health and Safety Law
- Competent Supervisors
- Due Diligence
- Contractor Safety Management
- Reporting Requirements
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Emerging Topics
You will receive the following material when taking Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor training
- Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor participant workbook
- OHSA Reference Guide
- OH&S Act and Regulations pocketbook (Green book)
- Our Training coordinator and IT team will be available during the training for support throughout the course.
- You will need a computer with a camera and microphone, and internet connection to attend the training. We recommend the use of a computer or laptop for a better experience.
- The course will be delivered using Zoom. Use the test link to make sure you can access Zoom on your device.
- To access digital training material and the final evaluation, you must login into BIS Trainer during the course.