We believe that incident investigations are critical to an occupational health and safety management system.
In this full-day course, you will learn the importance of systems investigations and learn to think broadly when looking for multiple causes of incidents, including near misses.
Our course is based on the current CSA Standard for Incident Investigations.
What topics will be covered?
- Incident Investigation and Prevention Programs
- Importance of Pre-Incident planning
- Reporting requirements
- Choosing the Investigation team
- Report writing and follow up
- Contributing and underlying factors of incidents, a systems approach
- Theory is applied to a case study
You will receive the following material when taking Incident Investigation training
- Fillable PDF workbook that you can choose to print, of fill in electronically.
- Links to HSPI’s favorite online resources.
- Our Training coordinator and IT team will be available during the training for support throughout the course.
- You will need a computer with a camera and microphone, and internet connection to attend the training. We recommend the use of a computer or laptop for a better experience.
- The course will be delivered using Zoom. Use the test link to make sure you can access Zoom on your device.
- To access digital training material and the final evaluation, you must login into BIS Trainer during the course.