Joint Health & Safety Committee Part One eLearning
Duration: Two Days
Price: $400.00 plus HST
The JHSC Certification Part One eLearning course is designed for every type of learner to have an interactive learning experience at their own pace and convenience. We have added engaging scenarios, case studies, and knowledge checks in between modules that support your learning throughout the course.
This eLearning program covers the first part of training required for you to be a member of a workplace Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). Combined with JHSC Certification Part Two, it leads to certification under Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD) guidelines. Our course is applicable to all sectors.
Health and Safety Professionals Inc (HSPI) is an Ontario Chief Prevention Office (CPO) approved training provider for the JHSC Certification training program.
Who should take the course?
- Shift workers, those that like to learn at their own pace, and anyone who needs to take the course in small segments
- Workplaces that regularly employ 20 or more employees must have at least two certified members on their Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Any worker including members of JHSC, supervisors, managers and other workplace parties who wish to increase their health and safety knowledge, regardless of any previous experience
What topics will be covered?
This JHSC Part One eLearning program is comprised of 14 modules:
- Instructional modules (13 modules – approx. 12 hours)
- Final Evaluation (1 module – approx. 1 hour)
- All 13 eLearning modules must be successfully completed by the learner before taking the final evaluation.
- The length of time for completion of the self-paced eLearning modules, including taking the evaluation, is approximately 13 hours.
- Every module is followed by a knowledge check to help you understand key concepts and provide valuable feedback
- The final evaluation is given to each learner when they have completed all 13 modules
- The learner must successfully achieve the passing grade of 75% or more in order get a certificate and move on to taking JHSC Certification Part Two training. If a learner does not achieve the required 75%, they must contact HSPI at their earliest convenience
Please Note: Each learner gets one opportunity in completing the final evaluation
- Digital copy of the eLearning participant manual
- Important links to OHSA e-laws and other references
- Digital tools and resources to help assist your learning
- Must have access to a computer, laptop, or tablet
- Must have a reliable internet/WIFI connection
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser
Must have your own login credentials to HSPI’s LMS (BIS Trainer)
- It is a requirement of the JHSC Certification Program Standard that the eLearning course is fully completed within 30 days from the date you start the course
- An HSPI training coordinator will be available during office hours to answer course-related questions
- LMS tech support will be available to answer technical questions
Note: The JHSC Part Two must be completed within 12 months of completing JHSC certification Part One