Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor Training
Health & Safety Professionals Inc. takes pride in offering a two-day Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor training course that plays a vital role in assisting supervisors and employers in meeting their legal obligation of appointing “competent” supervisors in the province of Ontario. Our program goes beyond just fulfilling legal requirements; it equips supervisors with the essential knowledge and skills to integrate legal mandates into their daily actions and workplace responsibilities effectively.
Who Qualifies as a Supervisor?
In any organization, supervisors hold a position of great importance. They are not merely decision-makers; they are the anchors who direct their teams’ efforts. The responsibilities of a supervisor encompass maintaining the highest standards of quality, ensuring worker safety, upholding customer satisfaction, and overseeing the seamless day-to-day operation of the business.
However, it’s crucial to recognize that not all supervisors are thrust into their roles because of their innate prowess in health and safety. Some may have ascended the ranks due to their exceptional performance in their previous roles, but they may not be adequately prepared for the intricate nuances of health and safety management. Now, in addition to their routine duties, they are entrusted with enforcing safety regulations, ensuring that workers are operating safely, and providing mentorship to team members, whether they work on-site or off-site.
As the owner or manager of your business or organization, you carry the responsibility of ensuring that your supervisors are adequately trained. This responsibility is not just rooted in the law; it is an ethically sound path to follow. Empowering your supervisors with an understanding of their legal occupational health and safety responsibilities is not merely a compliance measure but a moral imperative aimed at safeguarding the well-being of your workers.
Who Should Enroll in this Training?
- Our 2-day training course is designed to cater to professionals across all sectors operating in Ontario. This course is carefully curated, drawing material from the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development’s “Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps.” It is intended to provide a comprehensive understanding of the core principles and practices that underpin health and safety supervision.
- Are you representing a federal workplace? Rest assured, our track record includes serving several federal workplaces as clients, where we have consistently delivered top-tier Federal Supervisor training. If you desire a reference from our esteemed federal clients, we are more than willing to provide one for your peace of mind.
What Topics will be covered in Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor Training?
Over a span of two days, our course covers a wide range of topics that are indispensable for any supervisor:
- Supervisors/Managers as Leaders: Understand the pivotal role that supervisors play as leaders within their Canadian organizations. Learn how to effectively lead and inspire your teams to excel in health and safety practices.
- Health and Safety Law: Delve deep into the legal aspects of health and safety in Ontario. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the laws and regulations in Ontario that govern your responsibilities as a supervisor.
- Competent Supervisors: What does it mean to be a competent supervisor? This section explores the core competencies and skills required to excel in your role.
- Due Diligence: Learn the importance of due diligence in health and safety. Discover how to exercise due diligence effectively to protect your workers and your Canadian organization.
- Contractor Safety Management: Understand the intricacies of managing contractors in a way that ensures the safety of all workers on your premises.
- Reporting Requirements: Grasp the reporting obligations that supervisors must fulfill in the event of incidents or near misses. Learn how to document and report accurately.
- Incident Investigation: Develop the skills to conduct thorough incident investigations. Understand how to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: Be prepared for emergencies. Learn how to develop and implement emergency response plans that protect lives and property.
- Emerging Topics: Stay ahead of the curve by exploring emerging health and safety topics that are shaping the future of workplace safety.
Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor Training Material:
When you enroll in the Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor training, you’ll receive a comprehensive set of materials designed to support your learning journey:
- Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor Participant Workbook: A valuable resource that complements your learning and serves as a reference guide.
- OHSA Reference Guide: A comprehensive reference guide that provides in-depth insights into the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations in Ontario.
- OH&S Act and Regulations Pocketbook (Green Book): A convenient pocketbook that you can carry with you for quick reference to key regulations.
- Dedicated Support Team: We provide unwavering technical support throughout the course.
- Expert Assistance: Our dedicated Training Coordinator and IT team are readily available to assist you whenever you need help.
Requirements for Participation:
- Hardware: All you need is a computer equipped with a camera and microphone.
- Internet Connection: Ensure you have a reliable internet connection.
- Optimal Learning: For the best learning experience, we recommend using a computer or laptop.
- Platform: The course will be conducted through Zoom, a user-friendly platform that promotes interactive learning.
- Compatibility Check: We encourage you to test your device’s compatibility using the provided link to ensure a seamless experience.
Furthermore, you must log in to BIS Trainer during the course to access digital training materials. This ensures that you have all the necessary resources at your fingertips to complete the training successfully.
Unlock the path to safety leadership. Click ‘Register Now’ and start your journey to becoming a competent supervisor today!