Train – the – Trainer
The Train-the-Trainer course is a two-day training course specifically designed for those in the workplace who feel competent to provide training to other workers in their area of expertise, however, have never received formal training in adult teaching and learning principles.
Throughout the course, you will be taught how to provide effective training as well as have a chance to conduct a mini lesson on your own. This training is essential to ensuring that employees are getting the most out of their in-house trainer. This course can be customized to any workplace application.
Who should take this training?
- Our course is designed to meet the objectives of the Train-the-Train Program requirements from Mining Common Core as well as for the Utilities Work Protection Code internal workplace trainers.
- This course will give your competent supervisors the knowledge and skills required to sign off your workers on critical equipment.
What topics will be covered?
The training will cover a wide range of topics, but not limited to the following:
- Training preparation
- Designing the training
- Adult teaching techniques
- Message delivery
- Assessments and Evaluation techniques
- OHSA and the legislation
- Case studies
You will receive the following material when taking Train-the-trainer training
- Train-the-Trainer participant workbook which includes all the training slides and tools to conduct an effective training program.
This course does not have a graded evaluation. We make it fun and engaging by letting the learner prepare a mini-lesson and conduct a mock training session. Everyone who delivers a short presentation receives a Certificate of Completion.
- Our Training coordinator and IT team will be available during the training for support throughout the course.
- You will need a computer with a camera and microphone, and internet connection to attend the training. We recommend the use of a computer or laptop for a better experience.
- The course will be delivered using Zoom. Use the test link to make sure you can access Zoom on your device.
- To access digital training material and the final evaluation, you must login into BIS Trainer during the course.